Des Moines Labor And Employment Law Attorneys
At Long & Gilliam, we represent the interests of employers and employees throughout central Iowa in employment cases.
We counsel employers on proactively avoiding employment issues by educating them about their employment rights and obligations, reviewing existing policies and procedures, and helping them to draft legally compliant employment policies and procedures.
We coach clients throughout the disciplinary process and employee improvement so they can avoid litigation. We help employers treat their employees both fairly and firmly.
Employment Rights Counsel And Representation For Employers
Allegations and issues with which our lawyers can provide legal counsel and representation:
- Employer discrimination (or tolerance of discrimination by employees) based on race, gender, disability, sexual orientation or other inalienable factor
- Wrongful termination
- Breaches of employment contracts
- Breaches of noncompetition covenants
- Sexual harassment
- Retaliation for reporting or objecting to illegal workplace behavior
- Failures to pay wages and overtime or provide breaks
- Improper compensation for hours worked
- Disability issues, including failure to provide reasonable accommodation for an employee’s disability
- Collective bargaining representation
- Unemployment compensation disputes
- Workers’ compensation disputes
- Litigation and appeals
Get The Results You Need | Contact Long & Gilliam
Employment cases seldom go to trial and are usually resolved through negotiations and settlement. Nevertheless, we are prepared to represent your business and its interests in court. We will work to obtain the best results possible for your circumstances.